Pennsylvania Dutch Hex Signs
(I’m going to type what’s on the photo. Just in case yous don’t want to click to zoom. uwu lazy butts))
The Pennsylvania Dutch were actually Germans. Their “hex signs” were painted on barns, carved into furniture, and hammered on to utensils. They were thought to bring luck, love, and abundance. and ward off misfortune such as fire and lightening. Hex signs were originally called “sech circles,” because the first ones all included six-pointed star in a circle. The Pennsylvania Dutch call them “Hexerie” or “Jinks”. They are usually painted in bright colors. These designs are just a few.
- The Unicorn Hex: Strength and courage to strive for your goals; virtue; love; faith, hope and charity.
- The Six-Pointed Lobe Hex: All the kinds of love, and protection of them.
- The Lucky Star Hex: Each color symbolizes luck, in many things: lucky in love, lucky in fortune, lucky in friendship, lucky in your job, etc. Also protection against fire.
- The Oak Leaf Hex: Strength in body, mind, and character. The scalloped border represents smooth sailing in life.
- The Health Hex: Protection of your health from all disease. The various diseases are represented by different colors in the rosette.
- The Distlefink Hex: Good Luck, love, and happiness. Often put on new houses: insures a happy household, especially if it has a blue background. The tulips mean faith, hope, and charity.
- The Triple, Five-Pointed Star of Luck, Love, and Happiness Hex: Also strong protection against fires.
❤❤❤Share To Get Cool Skull Bag❤❤❤
Skull pattern is a classical pattern for fashionable people which they can never forget easily.
Do you want to get it?
Now just reblog this post, you can have the chance to get it:)
We will choose 3 lucky girls~~~
From 26th August to 28th August. Only reblog is valid.
Good luck sweeties!!
Please don’t delete your reblog links, I have to check it when you are win.
A girl from high school is having her second baby and her first just started kindergarten and thats unfair, two babies, I have 0 babies.
Lol JK I have ten and I get to give them back at 4:30.
Mills College, a women’s school in Oakland, California, has just made history.
The college has adopted a written policy explicitly stating that trans women are welcome to attend the school, making it the first single-sex school in the country with such a policy.
According to school officials, between 3 and 5 of the school’s 1,000 applicants each year identify as trans or gender nonconforming; this policy will make it easier for these students to apply and attend, should they so choose. The first students for whom the new policy applies will begin their classes this coming spring semester.
“When people can be authentically who they are — that’s who Mills is,” said Mills senior Tess Fillbeck-Bates.
“This is really just a codification of our practice for several years,” said Brian O’Rourke, vice president for enrollment management.
This is a HUGE deal for students of all gender identities. When colleges and universities are inclusive and affirming on paper as well as in practice, it sets a standard for other schools to follow. Well done, Mills. Well done.